Aims of the P.W.E.T.
As set out in the Trust Deed dated 22nd October 1964
1. To acquire the Gatehouse School and make sure it is conducted in perpetuity as detailed in the "Wallbank Plan."
2. To organise and maintain a library of works dealing with the education of children.
3. Awarding prizes and grants for meritorious inventions and for research.
4. The furtherance of educational research of all kinds.
5. To establish a scholarship to be called the 'Phyllis Wallbank Scholarship' to be awarded to any former pupil of the Gatehouse School attending University in the U.K. or Republic of Ireland.
The Trust Deed empowers the Trustees of the Phyllis Wallbank Educational Trust to undertake any of the above, subject to finance whilst protecting the assets of the Trust.